Location: Flexible (U.S.)
Type of Vacancy: Contract work
Timeframe: 60-80 hours per month; Nov/Dec 2018 through May/June 2019
Travel required: None
Where We Need Help
Summary of Position
Teaching Lab is seeking 1-2 consultants who can support with design of professional learning for mathematics. This work will initially focus on the Illustrative Mathematics curriculum but may expand to additional standards-aligned curricula over time.
This consultant will work with our existing professional learning content team to:
- Design and build professional learning content/materials (facilitator agendas, slide decks, participant materials, etc.) to support districts/schools/teachers implementing IM
- Build understanding of inquiry cycle approach (and then apply that understanding to building of math PL materials)
- Engage in an iterative design process in collaboration with a small team
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate has:
- Deep content knowledge in math instruction and the Common Core State Standards math instructional shifts
- Experience designing and leading professional learning
- Strong interest in and experience with high-quality, aligned math curriculum and supporting its implementation
- Knowledge of and experience with Illustrative Math highly preferred
- Ideally, candidates will be able to commit 60-80 hours per month between November/December 2018 and May/June 2019, although there is some flexibility in this time frame for high-quality candidates.
- Consultants may be remote (based anywhere in the U.S.) but must be authorized to work in the United States.
- This position requires no work-related travel.
- We are committed to building a sustainable organization. We love our work and want to be able to do it for years to come. This means that despite the pace and intensity of a startup organization, we commit to maintaining a balance between work and other parts of our lives.
To Learn More
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line: “Math Consultant Candidate: [First Name Last Name]” (e.g., “Math Consultant Candidate: Angela Smith”).